Sunday, April 20, 2008

Egg Souffle

My husband's family makes this every Christmas (and thankfully, any other family gathering that involves breakfast). I add a few more eggs (from the original recipe) to make it more eggy and I let it cook longer for more browning. Everyone thinks the corners are the best so you can make it in two 8x8 pans instead of a 9x13 if you want.



6 Eggs
2 cups Milk
1 lb Lean Ground Sausage, browned and drained
6 slices White Bread, cubed
¼ lb shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese (about 1 cup)
¼ lb shredded Cheddar Cheese (about 1 cup)
1 tsp Dry Mustard

Make the night before. Mix the milk, eggs, and mustard first; then combine the remaining ingredients. Place in greased, glass casserole pan. Cover with aluminum foil and place in fridge. Cook at 350, covered for 45 min, then take off foil and cook 30 min longer to brown the top.

1 comment:

Kim Foster said...

OMG! I have to make this! Awesome!

Thanks for the link. I have to update my blogroll soon (I've been saying this forever) and will include you.

Seriously, I'm making this...

Kim "The yummy mummy"
www.yummymummycooks.com