Sunday, May 16, 2010

Meatloaf

"I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no I won't do that." Sorry, I have a hard time thinking about meatloaf and not thinking about Meatloaf. I never did understand that song...what is it that he won't do for love?

Anyway, I don't usually crave meatloaf but it's one of those dinners that is usually pretty yummy. I always use ground turkey instead of ground beef.



1 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion, diced (about 3 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1/2 cup oats
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup ketchup, chili sauce, or barbecue sauce

Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all ingredients (except ketchup) in large bowl and mix. Inside a 9x13 baking dish mold the meat mixture into a loaf then cover with ketchup.

Bake uncovered for 1 hour or meat thermometer reads 160F. Let stand 5 minutes and enjoy.

No comments: